Monday, March 23, 2009

Things that are making me happy now

Fresh mint chutney.....the smell, colour and texture .....totally inspiring

Kitchen towels made from my dad's old shirts. They look so good as a bunch, dont feel like using them.

Soft cotton kurtas made from kerala mundus bought on a recent trip. Never thought selvedges could be such fun!

Bata canvas shoes i just finished painting

A new bag made from some left over kantha and a beautiful batik painting my friend brought me from Bali


4 comments:

Dhanya Bala said...

Awesome. I demand pretty gifts from you....considering you are only indulging yourself for now! HMPFFFF.

kicking.and.screaming said...

AAAAAHHH!
EXCELLENT!
EXCELLENT STUMBLE UPON!

I must stop using capital letters now.

I love what you did with the Bata's. Id kept an old pair to do the same. Never got around to it, maybe because Im just not creative enough :(:( , and dad threw it away 2 weeks back.
Now im gonna go out right now, get a pair, and COPY YOUR DESIGN!

Aditi Prakash said...

hey mickey! Thanks for your comments! My bata would have had the same fate if i had not had one of those rare "creative" moments!

kicking.and.screaming said...

So you just travel around the country side like this? Yours is the life!

Yur Pink Jelabis doesnt open? I get a page load error.