Monday, August 31, 2009

More 100% natural

This weekend S & I had gone to my friend Pradeep Sachdeva's farm on the outskirts of Gurgaon. I got this bottle of 100% natural mustard oil. Grown and cold pressed at the farm the oil is bottled in recycled alcohol bottles which come in all shapes and sizes, they looked beautiful, i liked the form of this one. Mustard oil is used in cooking a lot of Indian dishes. I remember my grandmother preparing a lot of curries with it. I could not wait to get back and make something with it.

So this is what i made, whole green chilli preserve. Green chillies sauteed in mustard oil with mustard seeds, cumin seeds and salt . This hot accompaniment will remind me of the beautiful day with clear blue sky at the farm.

1 comment:

Anoop said...

Wow... cold pressed mustard oil - I am guessing they must be organic as well!?! And those chillies look good, will excite emotions more than just the 'blue sky' where I'm concerned :-)