Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Production woes!


Inspite of planning meticulously one of the things that most start up designers face is production problems. I was excited to work on a new range of laptop sleeves this time. Apart from market research, I had found out that the most common size of laptop used among people I know is the 14.5 inch Windows based systems.

The first sleeve I sampled though, was to fit my Mac notebook 15". For production I gave dimensions for 20 pieces of 14.5" Windows based systems to my vendor. Turns out he produces 20 pieces in the Mac 15" size!

All I can do now is hope that enough Mac 15" or 13" windows users visit my stall and like the sleeve.

You know what they say - Life is what happens when you are making other plans.

2 comments:

Ranjani said...

enjoyed going throught your blog and love the products!

dramaqueen said...

hey, just stumbled upon your blog via people tree's facebook page. i've been looking for interesting laptop bags in indian prints for quite a while now. and yes i have a 13" mac! i got some sleeves tailored for it, but bags are what no one seems to be doing. think you could start? :)