Friday, July 2, 2010

Product profile: Banares Bag

This is one of my favorites, its practical and fun! I wanted to create something i could carry everyday and yet it had to have a sense of history, a cherished piece of textile. The bag is made from thick poly silk quilted with a canvas lining and the pocket is a piece of brocade i had been saving up forever or a kantha or a piece of crazy pink fabric that i cant find anymore.
The bag has a zip closure an inner zipped pocket and a outer pocket for your car keys etc.




4 comments:

Poorvi said...

Very nice. So well finished and lovely details. Great going! I would love to meet you and see more of your work when in Delhi. :)

Gardenia said...

Ooh - each one of these is so stylish! I love my bag to bits. So now I know it is called a Banares bag. Delicious pure ghee!
It was good to meet you - and I hope to catch an exhibition some day.

Aarti Badamikar said...

Pure ghee gives its taste!
Awesome work!
:)

Chica said...

Are u showcasing in Pune anytime soon ?? Wud love to buy a bag or two :)